Is there a cost associated with Tenant Shop’s services?
- Absolutely not. Tenant Shop offers this service free to all tenants nationwide.
What’s the catch? How does Tenant Shop earn money?
- Tenant Shop work with a wide range of energy, TV and broadband suppliers. Our job is to find you the finest products and prices that best suits you. You choose the deal and we arrange the transfer or installation on your behalf. We then get paid a small commission from the supplier you choose as a “thank you” for introducing you as a new and valued customer.
Do I need permission from the landlord or letting agent if I need to get a satellite dish installed?
- Yes, if any work is required. For example, holes that need to be drilled or any digging of fed fibre cabling to a property will need permission from the landlord or letting agent before we can place your order.
Should I not just transfer my existing energy account to my new property?
- No. It’s always good to have a look at the market before you commit to a new contract. It may well be that the provider that supplied your previous property will be one of the cheapest options and you can simply choose them again, or you may find there are much better options with other suppliers. It’s definitely best to complete a comparison when moving properties.
What happens when my deal is coming to an end? Can I call Tenant Shop again?
- Yes, we always recommend you have a look at the market at every suitable opportunity. Don’t let your tariff run out as you will move on to the standard tariff and that could cost you quite a bit of money!
Do I need a phone line if I only want to access the internet?
- This depends on where you live. You may be fortunate enough to be in an area where there is fibre cabling so if this is the case, then you will not require a phone line to have broadband installed and you will also receive much faster internet speeds! If you’re not in a fibre area, you will need an active phone line to install broadband. If you do not need to physically use a phone line, we recommend you avoid plugging in a handset to avoid use and extra call costs.
If I am still tied in to a TV/Broadband contract, should I just cancel it and get a new one through Tenant Shop?
- No. If you are in a contract we recommend you tell them you’re moving because you will more than likely be charged an early termination fee if you leave before your contract date. If you only have a few months remaining we recommend you call us and we can see what offers are on the market for you. You don’t need to be a new tenant to use the Tenant Shop service.